MA Play Therapy, BA Psychology
Carly is a Play Therapist, accredited by the British Association of Play Therapists (BAPT), and the
- I hold specialist knowledge in developmental psychology; (attachment theory, neuro-psychology, and psychoanalysis), and child-centred/humanistic therapy.
- I work with children who have experienced trauma of any kind, abuse (physical, spiritual, and emotional), bereavement, parental separation, and children with attachment difficulties, and I specialise in adoption.
- I use a range of directive and non directive therapeutic techniques, depending on the child's individual needs, including Jungian sand world, role play, puppetry, projective play, theraplay, and art therapy.
- Past and existing clients include Kids Company charity, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Primary schools, Secondary schools, Private families, Local Authority Adoption Support Services, and FACTS charity.
- Hold up-to-date DBS and personal liability insurance.
- Attends regular Clinical Supervision with an approved BAPT Play Therapist Supervisor.
- Expert in Projective play techniques (Research project, 2015).